Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's a Dog eat Dog World- do I get a treat now?

So. I had finished the first draft of my book. It had taken forever to write, but it was done. Now what? Well after thinking it over I gave it to my sister to read. She liked it, but I was pretty sure she would because it was about her dogs as well. Why wouldn't she like it? But she gave me points and areas to work on as well. If there is one thing I can count on, it's that my sister won't hold back if she dislikes something. For a family member she's pretty honest.
Now, if i was a lone writer without any publishing connections I would have started that process of trying to find an agent to sell my book, or I would have just started shopping it myself. But fortunately, I chose a career in publicity, and as a result I have dozens of amazing authors as friends, and one in particular who is a literary agent.
Now, my type of book isn't really his style, but because we had worked in the same circles, he agreed to be my agent and try to sell my book.
Success!! I was half way there- how much harder could it be?
So I sent my manuscript to my agent and Lucy and I waited for his reply. And when it came it wasn't exactly what I had expected...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: