Friday, August 21, 2009

Blog writing and Lack of time

Apparently, some people who actually read my blog have complained about my lack of entries since July 30th. Well, I've been busy!!! Being a literary agent and a publicist and a writer takes up a great deal of my time, and unfortunately I don't have anyone to just write these posts for me!
So to update you:

Good news- Waiting for Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk is being released August 25th- you NEED to get this book. I feel very privileged that I am in his circles of friends and can celebrate his amazing success. Check out www.thomastrofimuk.com for all the latest on his release!!!

More good news- Money Assassins by Chad Viminitz is being released October 1st- and this is an amazing financial book that yours truly sold ( with Brian J Wood) - so make sure you pre-order your copy today. I know I'll be handing all my cash over to Chad soon!!

I've been taking some time for myself visiting the lovely city of Vancouver conveniently 'forgetting' to take my manuscript with me to discuss the plans with my agent. That probably wasn't a good idea since now there seem to be a great deal of rules being imposed on my productivity. I have a deadline of September 17th to get all my testimonials in place, and finish the entire text- or else.

I've had some great discussions with some writers and editors on selling fiction in Western Canada. Apparently it is extremely difficult to do- but I'm not one to back down from a challenge, and I look forward to proving them all wrong. I just started and already have interest for one of my clients- now I'm looking for more.

I've been working diligently on several client manuscripts to get them ready to sell so all my time has been taken up with that. Now I need to focus on my work- so don't expect a HUGE amount of blogging while I catch up!

My mom spent 20 minutes discussing my comma splice problems whereupon I told her I am a good editor for other people, but for my own stuff- forget it!! That's why you should always hire an editor to help you. It's extremely difficult to edit work on your own and you will invariably miss something crucial that others will catch.

A new event titled Dogapalooza is happening on September 12th in front of business retailers to promote the adoption of pets- The Pet Therapy Society will be there so check them out- they have some great programs you can attend with your animal.

Brian J Wood has at least 3 new books that he sold coming out in September- check out his blog
www.brianwood-literaryagent.blogspot.com for all his latest news ( he hasn't written much either, but hopefully he'll remedy that!!)

And that's all the time I have for today, but thanks to my friends who constantly encourage me and like to read about what I am doing.

1 comment:

Rebecca A Emrich said...

yeah! you did it! a post!