Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Power of the Press

Well if I had any doubt about what media can do, yesterday reinforced the power they do indeed have. In a good way I suppose. The Edmonton Journal ran a story about the Eastside Grannies group who are holding a Rhubarb Rally on Sunday to raise funds for orphans in Africa. I am the publicist for Paz Y Flamenco and the Flamenco For Life fundraiser on July 25th.
Grandmothers to Grandmothers are the group we will be benefit ting. SO of course in the article the Grandmothers were listed as the organizers for Flamenco for Life, and for some reason my contact number ( MY CELL) no less was published for the Rhubarb Rally.

I still haven't decided whether I am angry at the reporter who really mixed up the facts, or grateful that I received so many calls from people who wanted to donate Rhubarb. It bodes well for our fundraiser, however I received so many I had to put a voice message thanking them but directing them to the right person. I really shouldn't complain except for the fact that my cell phone is pay-as-you-go and I just paid for $25.00 in minutes. Sigh. Can't win but if you do go to the Rhubarb rally you will get some great pies and treats!

No comments: