Friday, June 18, 2010

gal-friday is branching out

Well, you heard it here first, or rather second- facebook seems to always be first- gal-friday is branching out to Vancouver. Coquitlam to be exact. After residing in Edmonton for almost 25 years, it's time to move onwards and upwards into the mountains and by the sea. As many of you know my business only started in October of 2009 after the firm I was working for closed it's doors. Since then it's been months of learning curves and craziness starting my own business, but it's all coming together now. I have a great group of freelance writers and designers, and my associate Literary Agent Brian Wood is showing me the ropes as an agent.

We are now at the point where we can offer Agent services and Publicity services all in one. Selling a book is much easier if you have a media platform and if the world knows about you. With gal-friday we are able to deliver both. It's been a great partnership and is getting stronger every day.
We are the only company that is combining that service, and we are also the only people who will give you an honest (very honest) opinion about the sales potential of your book. Most agents don't give those kind of responses. But with us you are guaranteed that if we don't take your book on- you'll know why. Whether you like it or not!!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with my little business I am a freelance writer and I continue to write as much as I can on those days when I might get a little spare time. I recently finished a non-fiction nature biography and as we speak it is with an editor at Doubleday, and I am awaiting it's fate. So as a writer, and someone who worked behind the scenes at Chapters/Indigo as well as in front of the camera, our business is an excellent one to consider when thinking about the world of publishing.

As well, I handle several businesses, some of whom I've worked with for years with their marketing and publicity.

So, by the fall I will have relocated to Vancouver and Brian and I will be all set to attack the United States with our publicity and selling talents. We hope you stay along for the ride!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: