Sunday, February 08, 2009

Serving Justice

They say justice is blind, and I think perhaps that pertains to many people who just want to ignore dealing with reality.
Yesterday I served justice right onto someone's table. Yup a nice white envelope with court documents that restated my requests for payment of an invoice.
This woman had two months to pay off a bill ( that I have the paperwork to back up), and refused to acknowledge my emails or letters of request and be a grown up about the whole thing, so the next step was taken.
Pay me now or go to Court. She now has 20 days to decide what route she wants to take. She can certainly go to court, however it is only for 1,035.00 and I'm sure the judge will really appreciate taking up the courts time over an unpaid bills. I'm hoping she will use her common sense and do the right thing, but it has been my experience that self-righteous, selfish people who turn on their friends don't generally do the right thing.
Now as you know there are always two sides to every story, but in this case there really isn't another side. Payment should be for services rendered, no ifs, ands, or buts.

So, let that be a lesson to everyone, especially if you are unfortunate enough to run into the trouble of non-payment of a bill. Justice can be blind, but I have faith that a little light will fall in the right direction and cut through the darkness

No comments: