Saturday, January 24, 2009

Zombie Haiku

There is something I find appealing about Zombies. I don't know what it is, but ever since watching Night of the Living Dead so many years ago I do enjoy the quest for brains and the drooling.

So I was very happy to receive a great gift at Christmas called Zombie Haiku by Ryan Mecum. The author has a fantastic photo of himself with a dedication: To George Romero: because of you, I'm screwed up. Thanks for your movies.

If you like zombies, I urge you to pick this up. Even if you don't like zombies and just love Haiku this is a very humorous romp with a simple storyline, graphic photos and illustrations ( love the eyeball!), and great poetry.

You do have to read the book from beginning to end, as it tells a good story, but here are a couple of samples:

something on the news
about people acting odd,
so I switch to sports

They surround the car
and all are moaning something.
Is that the word "trains?"

My instinct steers me
to my gourmet dinner feast,
a nursing home.

Okay, I won't print anymore because I'll spoil it, but seriously this is a great book- Check it out!!!

No comments: