Friday, September 12, 2008

From Seanna Collins' Blog- Pet Rescue

Check this out as well- with my collaboration with Pet Rescue Magazine

Fri, 2008-09-12 15:12.
Seanna Collins
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth
You can't even begin to imagine how thrilled I was to get a call from Jamie Hunter - the Publisher of Pet Rescue Magazine asking if I'd be interested in being on the cover of her September issue along with my rescue dog Tacoma. I've never met Jamie but have heard about all the wonderful work she does along with many other special people with huge hearts, saving the lives of stray and abused dogs. Jamie and her co-publisher Virginia Marando are wonderful souls. They have dedicated the magazine to saving the lives of homeless animals by promoting adoptions of rescued pets, and their goal is to provide an up-to-date pictorial directory of shelters, humane societies and rescue organizations in Alberta.

The photo session for the cover was INSANE. Tacoma may look cute on the cover but getting him to sit still for longer than a few seconds, was almost impossible. He's just 15 months and a going concern. He's such a happy dog and when people pay attention to him or step into his backyard, there's a show ... he chases his ball, runs around the yard, plays endlessly with his toys and runs through my plants knowing darn well, it's not allowed. He's cute, he gets away with anything. The photographer, Tracey Guzak of Photography by Tracey was amazing. She volunteers her time taking photos for the magazine and I applaud her for her talent behind the camera and her cool, relaxed nature when trying to photograph a dog like Tacoma. The pictures she took will always be treasured by my husband and me. What a gift! Now that Tacoma is a cover model, he's even more impossible - it's gone to his head! Rachel Sentes who herself has also rescued many dogs over the years wrote a wonderful story of how I met Tacoma. You can read it by CLICKING HERE
If you're looking for a new family member, Pet Rescue Magazine is what you need. Grab a copy and you'll find pets up for adoption from all the rescue groups in Northern Alberta. I bet you didn't know we had so many? Each one of them has supplied pictures and a small write up on just a handful of the pets they have who need a home. They all list contact numbers and websites where you can get more information. This magazine as it says right on the cover is PRICELESS. There's no charge for it ... although advertisers are always needed to help pay for its monthly editions so if you can help out there, that would be great. Not just will you find pets ready for a new home, there are interesting articles on grooming, tips for teaching Fido and inspiring stories from pet lovers like myself in this month's edition.
If you'd like to get a copy, you can get it at EZ ROCK, Global Television or from a number of locations throughout the city. To find a list of those locations, go to their website at www.petrescuemagazine.com. You'll not only find out where you can get a copy but more information about how you can help.
I hope I've inspired you to rescue a furry friend ...
~Seanna~

No comments: